Dental Implants – Beverly Hills, CA
Replace Missing Teeth with the Next Best Thing
Are you missing one tooth, several teeth, or an entire arch? If so, then it’s likely you’re already well-aware of how tooth loss can make it more difficult to chew comfortably, speak clearly, and smile with confidence. However, as if that weren’t enough, missing teeth also lead to jawbone deterioration and poor oral health! Thankfully, at My Dental Office of Beverly Hills, we replace missing teeth with the next best thing thanks to dental implants. This modern tooth loss solution can give you all the benefits of having a complete smile without any of the shortcomings of traditional replacement options. Give us a call today to schedule your consultation and discover if dental implants are right for you!
Why Choose My Dental Office of Beverly Hills For Dental Implants?
- #1 Replace Any Number of Missing Teeth for Life
- #2 Partnered with the Best in Beverly Hills for Optimal Results
- #3 Flexible Financing Options Available Through CareCredit
What Are Dental Implants?
A dental implant is a small, screw-shaped titanium post. It’s designed to be inserted directly into the jawbone where a missing tooth used to be. Once there, it gradually fuses with the surrounding bone tissue to essentially replace the missing tooth’s roots. This is much different than traditional tooth replacement options like dentures or dental bridges, which only replace missing teeth above the gumline. On top of the dental implant is a small connector piece called an abutment, which then holds the final restoration in place. Depending on how many teeth you’re missing, one or more dental implants can be used to support a dental crown, bridge, partial, or full denture. Dental implants are the only tooth loss solution that replaces missing teeth from the roots up to offer a smile that looks, feels, and functions just like natural.
The Dental Implant Process
Unlike traditional options, getting dental implants requires a multistep process that spans several months to a year. While this may seem like a long time, it’s this gradual process that can help your new teeth last 30 years or more. Your journey towards a new smile starts off with a consultation with one of our dentists. Then, once we’ve ensured you’re a good candidate for dental implants, you’ll visit one of our trusted local specialists for your placement surgery. The Beverly Hills implant dentist will then send you home to heal for several months. Finally, you’ll return to our office to have your custom crown, bridge, or denture fitted over your dental implants.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Dental implants are quickly becoming the most popular way to replace missing teeth, and most patients and dentists consider them to be the gold standard of tooth replacement. When you compare the advantages of dental implants to those of dentures and bridges, it’s easy to see why! Thanks to their unique surgical placement in the jawbone, this treatment is completely life changing. Read on to learn about the top benefits of dental implants in Beverly Hills.
- Diet: Do you struggle to eat your favorite foods due to your loose dentures or missing teeth? Firmly rooted in the jaw, dental implants give you the strength, stability, and confidence to eat a wide range of foods. This makes mealtime more delicious AND nutritious!
- Oral healthcare: Daily maintenance of your dentures can be such a chore. Plus, if you’re dealing with missing teeth, you’re at higher risk of plaque and bacteria collecting in the spaces. Thankfully, implants can be cared for just like your natural teeth, which means no hassle and decreased chances of decay and infection.
- Confidence: Having an unstable smile that slips and shifts around when speaking can be embarrassing. And, it’s incredibly hard to feel good about your smile if you have missing teeth. However, dental implants look, feel, and function just like natural teeth, giving you the confidence boost you need in your day-to-day life.
- Bone health: Unlike any other replacement option, dental implants in Beverly Hills stimulate the jawbone to prevent it from deteriorating. This helps you maintain a fuller facial appearance while also protecting the rest of your smile from additional tooth loss.
- Oral health: Dental implants promote better oral healthcare by making it easier to brush and floss on your own. Plus, they keep the rest of your teeth aligned by filling in the gaps and preventing them from drifting out of place. Just don’t forget to visit our office for routine checkups and cleanings!
- Overall health: Studies link oral health conditions like gum disease with higher risks of serious overall problems like heart attacks, strokes, high blood pressure, diabetes and more. Because dental implants promote better mouth health, they also positively contribute to your overall wellbeing.
- Longevity: Dental implants are designed to last for decades with proper care. This is much longer than dentures, which must be replaced every 5 to 7 years.
- Predictability: With a success rate of 95% even after 10 years, dental implants are incredibly predictable. While dental implants do require surgery from our implant dentist in Beverly Hills, patients can enjoy peace of mind thanks to their amazing track record.
- Cost: Dental implants initially cost more than other replacement options, however they’re well-worth the investment. In fact, you can end up saving money in the future by avoiding necessary replacements that are required with other options. Dental implants help you spend less time and hard-earned money on your dentistry.
Who Dental Implants Can Help
Practically any healthy adult with tooth loss can get dental implants. This versatile treatment can be adapted to help patients replace any number of missing teeth, from a single tooth to an entire arch! During your consultation, we’ll work with you to create a plan based on how many teeth you’d like to replace:
Missing Single Tooth
The traditional way to replace one missing tooth is with a bridge, which requires the filing down of the adjacent healthy teeth to support the apparatus. This weakens those teeth and can cause sensitivity. Instead, we can place a single implant post topped with a custom crown to fill the gap in your smile seamlessly and without altering any other teeth.
Missing Multiple Teeth
If you’re missing several teeth in a row, we will typically recommend an implant bridge. Like its traditional counterpart, an implant bridge supports one or more replacement teeth between two crowns. However, instead of fitting these crowns over healthy teeth, they’re secured to dental implants placed on either side of the gap. Multiple missing teeth around the mouth can be replaced individually with dental implants and crowns, or we may recommend a partial implant denture as a more cost-effective solution.
Missing All Teeth
For patients suffering from severe tooth loss, traditional dentures are no longer your only option. An implant denture can help you regain a full arch of teeth for a strong, comfortable, and stable smile. A few strategically placed dental implants can offer maximum support for either a fixed or removable full denture.
Understanding the Cost of Dental Implants
Since dental implants in Beverly Hills offer a highly personalized treatment, cost will vary depending on each patient’s unique goals and needs. There are many factors to take into consideration to calculate the final cost, such as the number of dental implants, the type of restoration, preliminary treatments, and more. During your no-obligation initial consultation, we’ll be able to give you a better idea of what you can expect to pay for dental implants. While this state-of-the-art treatment costs more upfront than dentures or dental bridges, keep in mind that you’re investing in the long-term wellbeing of your smile. Plus, while traditional restorations will need to be replaced every few years, your dental implants can easily last a lifetime, making them much more cost-effective in the long run!
Dental Implant FAQs
Getting dental implants is not a decision that should be made lightly. You’ll want to be as well-informed as possible about the details of the treatment process and what you can expect. To make your research easier for you, we’ve provided the answers to a small number of frequently asked dental implant questions below; of course, feel free to reach out to us if you have any further questions!
Am I Too Old to Get Dental Implants?
Not at all! After your jawbone has finished developing (which usually occurs by a person’s mid-twenties), your age is not a direct factor in your candidacy for dental implants in Beverly Hills. It is worth mentioning, though, that people of advanced age are more likely to have additional health conditions or take medications that could complicate the dental implant process. To maximize the chances of your implants being successful, we’ll discuss your medical history and medications in detail during your consultation.
Can I Get Dental Implants If I Have Diabetes?
If you manage your diabetes well, then dental implants could be a viable solution for you. However, if your blood sugar levels are chronically high, then you might need to consult with your primary care physician before moving forward with dental implant treatment. Uncontrolled diabetes can slow down the healing process and increase the risk of infection after surgery. Ask your doctor about how you can stabilize your blood sugar levels and reduce the risk of complications.
Will People Be Able to Tell That I Have Dental Implants?
The dental crowns, bridges, or dentures that we place on top of your implants are custom-made from impressions that we take of your mouth. As such, they will complement your facial features perfectly and blend in with your remaining teeth. Also, your implants won’t slip out of place because they’ll be embedded within your jaw. You can trust that your new teeth will look and feel exactly like your old ones!
Do Dental Implants Make You Look Younger?
Yes! Whenever you bite or chew, that force spreads through the roots of your teeth, stimulating your jawbone. This stimulation is lost when teeth are missing. As a result, the jawbone gradually deteriorates, making your face appear wrinkled and sunken. Dental implants are the only tooth replacement that prevents this. By stimulating the jawbone like real teeth, dental implants keep you looking young!
How Long Do Dental Implants Last?
Because dental implants integrate with your existing oral anatomy, they have the potential to last for decades. They could even last for the rest of your life! However, you’ll still need to maintain good oral hygiene to ensure your new teeth last this long. You should also protect your pearly whites from damage and visit your implant dentist in Beverly Hills for checkups on a regular basis.
I Need a Checkup & Cleaning I am Looking for a Dentist for My Child I am Concerned about Bleeding Gums I Have a Cavity or Broken Tooth I am Missing One or More Teeth I am Unhappy with My Smile I Want a Straighter Smile I am Scared of the Dentist I am in Pain & Need Help View Our Services